Monday, June 16, 2014

bout to get all serious on y'all

Hey friends.
{evie} is MIA so I guess all the pressure is on me to continue producing quality posts.  Uhoh.  Especially because lets be honest, {evie} makes a heck of a lot more sense than me, generally speaking.  But the show must go on!  Also as a side note, you may have noticed that the blog is much more active in the summer (aka, no posts not in the summer months).  I'll have to check with {evie}, but maybe we could officially make it a summer blog.  It's just, when college starts there is really no time to be doing extra writing... I spend enough time staring at a comp screen reviewing powerpoints and writing papers.  And {evie} is an english/french double major sooo I bet she writes 3 times as much as me (nursing).  As anyone who is in/has been through college, I'm sure the phrase "the struggle is real" is near and dear to your heart.

I suppose this kind of defeats the original "staying in touch" premise we started this blog with.  We  stay in touch don't fear.  Just not really via the blog.  I actually forgot the blog existed until {evie} reminded me one day when we were hanging out: "I had this dream about 'don't forget to draw in a hat' and your mom" and I was all like "OMG THE BLOG!!!!!!!!" so we started it up again as I'm sure you all noticed and promptly threw a fiesta.

My AP Comp teacher once told me never to use emoticons.  I'm sorry Ms. P (name shortened to preserve identity), but I have come to realize I use them multiple times in each post.  I hope that you followers don't mind.  The trend will continue, btw.

Now that we've taken care of some housekeeping details, time to get into the "fun" part of this post ;)  Hooray.

We are going to discuss some awesome places in the world, pictures and all.  DISCLAIMER: I'm bout to go back and cite all the URLs of pics/vids I've borrowed from other sources (in my other posts).  Not to fear, I want to give credit where credit is due :)  Esp. because I don't even have a camera or smartphone, I pretty much have to borrow pics.

My motivation for this topic came yesterday when my family visited The Basilica of Saint Mary.  Astonishing church... GORGEOUS.  If you ever visit the tundra that is Minnesota, this church should be #1 on your destination list (MOA can be demoted to #2).  I would also like to point out, how baller is it that their URL is mary.org?!  I have been to this basilica 4 times that I can remember and I forgot how incredible it was until yesterday I was sitting there wishing I could spend an hour just walking around and exploring.  A couple pictures:





Outside view

pic 1 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6e/Interior_shot_of_the_Basilica_of_St._Mary.jpg
pic 2 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7a/Minneapolis-Basilica_of_Saint_Mary-windows.jpg
pic 3 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f4/2008-0705-BasilicaStMary.jpg/250px-2008-0705-BasilicaStMary.jpg

This also reminded me of one of my goals in life: visit St. Peter's Basilica in Rome.  It's right up there with my other life goals: take a selfie with Pope Francis, go skydiving, be at the Rose Bowl when the Badgers win, win a $1,000,000 giftcard to the Dane County Farmer's Market, and get over 23 followers on this blog.  St. Peter's Basilica is the largest church in the world folks located at the traditional burial site of St. Peter.  Peter was a martyr for the faith and crucified upside down because he considered himself unworthy to die in the same way as Jesus.  Here it is:



pic 1 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/St._Peter%27s_Basilica_at_the_Vatican_in_Rome.jpg
pic 2 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/eb/St._Peter%27s_Basilica_2013-09-16.jpg

The other place I would love to visit someday is Punaluu Black Sand Beach, Hawaii.  And just Hawaii in general, let's be real.  The sand is made black because of the lava flowing into the ocean, which explodes when it reaches the ocean and cools.  Can you imagine walking barefoot on a beach with black sand?!  Some pics below:






This last one is Kailua Kona, Hawaii - another spot in Hawaii i'd defs hit up.  and maybe they sell kona coffee for super cheap (kinda like you can get olives for cheap in greece).

pic 1 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/19/Punaluu_Black_Sand_Beach%2C_Hawaii%2C_USA7.jpg
pic 2 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Punaluu_Black_Sand_Beach,_Hawaii,_USA5.jpg
pic 3 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Hawaii-Kona-Sonnenuntergang.jpg

These are some places I'd like to travel to.  How about you guys?  COMMENT BELOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment